Tag Archives | When Artists Cook
After watching our goofy squirrel’s loving their delicious treats, I thought they would be great inspiration for another favorite recipe of mine- Cashew Chicken. If the squirrel’s had their way, they would have a nice stash of cashews, but they can’t figure out that bird feeder. Instead, you can enjoy this recipe for these busy little guys and stash this away into your recipe collection. This is gluten free, dairy & fructose intolerance friendly, and delicious.
Colleáyn’s Cashew Chicken
2 Chicken breasts, cubed
1-2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 cup basmati rice cooked in 2 cups water
Roasted salted cashews
1 ½ Tbsp. dextrose
2 ½ tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. garlic salt
Wet Ingredients½ cup + 1 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
½ tsp. regular sesame oil
* I like to put the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in a large bowl, then combine together.
* When chicken is done, pour the sauce over the chicken and simmer on low until it thickens to a nice sauce. Stir constantly. This only takes a few minutes.
* Serve the chicken and sauce on top of the rice
* Sprinkle with cashews and enjoy!
* Feel free to modify the salt and Bragg Liquid Aminos to your taste. I am on a high salt diet, so feel free to cut this back if needed. The Bragg Liquid Aminos is salt free and gives a great burst of flavor.
Excellent!Have this often!
Feel free to modify the salt and herbs to your taste. I am on a high salt diet, so feel free to cut this back if needed.
I love dipping them in Mayo seasoned with Salt, Garlic Salt, Italian Seasonings, Basil and Oregano.